Happy New Year everyone!! 2018 has been a wonderfully crazy year! I had the honor and privilege of capturing wedding day memories for amazing couples, the magic of which will now last forever! Each couple had wildly different themes, color palettes, and styles which truly reflected their personalities and their love for each other. We battled weather extremes together, I put tons of miles on my Jeep, and we had lots of laughs along the way. I could not possibly choose a "top 10" (or even 20!), so I am sharing some of the most notable highlights - and not nearly an exhaustive group of my favorite images - from my wedding adventures over the past year:
* Back-to-back weddings in 2 different states
* 6 different beaches in 3 different states
* Ceremonies, bride & groom and bridal party portraits in temps ranging from 100F down to 35F
* No rain until the very last wedding - this month!
* Totally diverse venues, including a huge farm (complete with tractors, grain bins, and a herd of cows!), an antique mall, a giant corn field, a shopping mall, urban alleys, sports stadiums, beaches, giant churches, and tiny chapels
* The cutest ring bearers and flower girls EVER!
* Gorgeous shades of purple, blush, burgundy, lavender, olive, navy, coral, light pink, and red!
* Wonderful traditions like jumping the broom to conclude a ceremony, a drum-accompanied reception entrance, carrying and wearing lockets, heirloom jewelry, unique guest gifts, and beautiful in memoriam tributes
As a wedding photographer, it is my role to memorialize lifelong memories for wonderful, happy couples who are totally in love. It is the best role in the world, and I get to know some truly remarkable people at the same time! My 2018 brides, grooms, and their friends and families were fun, polite, hospitable, and - above all - smiling! I could not have asked for more. Thank you to all of the couples, colleagues, and vendors with whom I had the pleasure of working during this last year. I look forward to helping all of my new couples celebrate their joy-filled days and sparkly nights so they can look back and relive that magic together for the rest of their lives!
These are the cities which welcomed me during my 2018 photographic journey: Muskegon, Tiffin, Attica, Howell, Laingsburg, Ludington, Cleveland, Mears, Cincinnati, New Haven, Ferndale, Detroit, Sharonville, Cincinnati, Grand Rapids, Taylor, Lexington, Grand Blanc, Plymouth, Livonia, Detroit, Chelsea, Northville, New Hudson, Long Boat Key, Sarasota, Anna Maria, Hana and Keanae.
I cannot wait to see where 2019 takes Bamboo Dreams Photography!
If you are recently engaged, let’s connect so you can be in the gallery for next year!
* Bamboo Dreams Photography offers local and destination wedding photography throughout Michigan, Florida and Worldwide!